STAND BY ME: STRUCTURE
This is how it all fits together.
1. Start with bass riff (8 bars) which they continue throughout the song.
2. Sporano, alto, tenor come in on quiet sustained chords sung to “ooh” (8
3. Solo comes in with first verse. ATB hum chords quietly
4. Second singer joins soloist for second half of verse. Scope for a
third singer (male or female) to join in too).
5. Chorus: all sopranos now sing tune, while altos and tenors join forces to
sing the “staaaand… by me!” bits underneath, with everyone except basses
joining in the final quick “stand by me!” (tenors in either octave as you
6. Second verse: both singers , accompaniment exactly as per
7. Chorus: exactly as first time.
8. Ending: keep repeating the final “stand by me!” with basses doing the
same phrase of their riff; fade out and watch for the stop signal.
9. Job done.